> I have a severe bit on Scooter because he bolts.  So I
> thought I would be nice and put something less severe
> in his mouth.  He buck and bolted.  I did stop him tho.

Scooter sounds like your problem child.  Stonewall is mine.  Like you
would think Scooter would be happy with a milder bit.  go figure.
makes you just wonder what on earth he is thinking.  Like Jaspar in a
sidepull... he is thinking oh she is riding me with a lot less
control, so I will just misbehave and eat weeds and not turn when she
steers me".  Stonewall is forever a little colt, a baby. in situations
where he feels secure he is the best horse in the world.  I could ride
him in nothing.  He would just follow the other horses.  In a
situation where he is insecure and freaked out you could put a twisted
wire snaffle made of barb wire and 20 inch shanks and I promise you
you wouldnt stop him if he wanted to go somewhere.  Thank good ness he
doesnt buck or bolt tho.  he wont leave other horses and I am not dumb
enough to ride him alone except in the yard.  and he has had all the
groundwork in the world, professional training, years and years of
groundwork and training and miles and miles under saddle.  He is just
a nutty guy what can I say.  sigh.  He is on my back burner now, in
hopes some age will help him.

I did tho contact a local stable with an arena and they said if I will
help around the place a couple of hours every week or so I can have
free access to arena use.  So I am gonna just take him there every fri
and let him act like a psycho in the arena and get used to going off
alone in a new exciting place for an hour a week and see what that
does...
janice
yipie tie yie yo