--- Anna Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>  Have you hand walked him on this trail before
now?<<

He's been ponied on it off my steady eddy mare, Foxi,
who taught Andi that there is nothing on the trail to
be afraid of.

> You are brave taking a fairly green horse out on a
trail ride alone. How long have you owned Andi?<<

Not really brave, I'm a chicken and wouldn't do
anything I didn't think was safe.  Yes, Andi is VERY
green with only 30 days of riding, but I've made the
mistake before of taking a green horse out with a
buddy horse and now have a horse that won't go out
alone.  So the only buddy Andi is going to have on the
trail is me.  Then maybe down the road, he can go with
other horses.  But I don't want to create another
horse that won't go out alone because that is all they
know.  And I've had Andi since he was 11 months old.

>> I am taking it very slow with him now that he's at
my place.  Three weeks here and the only thing I've
done is get on him bareback and literally take two
steps. <<

Just do what is comfortable for you to do.  I don't
believe in pushing past fear when I am by myself.
Someone else can talk me thru it, but I stay safe when
alone.

>> I know neither of them is as relaxed as before they
met and I want every thing to be very easy and very
gradual.<<

Good plan, I believe in easy and gradual.  Andi grew
up here, so it was not really a big deal.  And Josh,
Andi's trainer, never pushed him to do anything.  He
moves at the horse's speed, but is consistant and that
is why he gets a lot done in 30 days.

Send pics of your boys on the trail!

Susan in NV
  Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/