On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:54:14 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>They have been connected thru mitochondrial DNA, so
>Fjord may be an ancestor of the Icelandic.

Interesting! Can you point me at the relevant study please? I thought
studies in the past (especially by Marit Jonsson) had proved there was
no connection between Fjords and Icelandics (though there is
considerable evidence to suggest that the Norwegian Dole horse is an
ancester, as well as various British pony breeds).

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"