> No, not wild turkeys.  Wild turkeys only showed in our area within the past
> 5-10 years, and I've lived here all my life.  They have probably been in
> some parts of the state longer, but we're not a state known for wild
> turkeys.  What they are talking about are commercially grown, "domesticated"
> turkeys, the kind grown for Thanksgiving.  NC has long been a top poultry
> producing state...

Here in Kentucky, on the other hand, turkeys have proliferated. When we
first bought this place in 1976, a turkey was a rare sight; now we see lots
of them all the time even though they are very wary. Hunting them requires
lots of patience. We were given one a few years ago; they are so delicious.
No comparison with a store-bought turkey!

Anneliese