> Horses don't eat fish of their own accord. Let's drop this subject and get
> sensible.
>

> Karen Thomas, NC

Actually, Karen, whereas I agree with you mostly in that horses were given
fish out of need, there is no telling what even well-fed horses will eat by
choice. Just an anecdote here: I had fed my guests a very nice shrimp
dinner. One of my guest did not clean his plate and left some shrimp on his
plate (which I don't like because I grew up in Germany after the war -
hungry at times and I simply don't like food being wasted), so I told him "
eat your shrimp or I will give it to Landi (my stallion).

An argument ensued with my guest insisting that horses don't eat meat, fish
or any such things. So we bet a bottle of really good sherry and went to
find out. We presented the shrimp to Landi who polished them off in no time
flat. I won a very nice bottle of sherry.

Anneliese in Kentucky.