On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:58:12 -0500, you wrote:

>I know plenty of people whose horses mostly go barefoot, but who put shoes
>on them for trail riding/show season

Doesn't everybody do that? Even here, it's very, very unusual for any
horse of any breed to need shoes when it's not being ridden, unless it
has a specific medical problem.

The other thing that bugs me - the idea that a barefoot trim and a
pasture trim are two different things. A good, balanced trim is a
good, balanced trim. Period.

"Barefoot Nazis". I like that - very apt.

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"