>>  it is not really cheaper

Hum..let's see what my cost is.

Here is my projected hoof costs for 2008, this is trimming every seven
(7) weeks.

With Scott my natural trimmer, I will have a total of eight (8) trims
each for Huginn and Dixie. Each trim is $40.00. So 16 trims = $640.00.

Now...if I were to return to shoeing Huginn my projected hoof costs for 2008:

With farrier David, I would have three (3) trims for Huginn, eight (8)
trims for Dixie and five (5) shoeing for Huginn.  Trims are $27.00 and
shoeing is $140.00. Plus a $15.00 barn call fee.
My 2008 total = $1,117.00.  More shoeing ...if I wear the shoes down
to thin metal and I have been known to do this, so then it's shoeing
every 4 -5 weeks.

Now...is barefooting cheaper? Hum..maybe in the long run. But this was
my first year and I had to buy so many Easy Boot setst that it was
driving me CRAZY.  I think I must have 4 compete sets; 00, 0 and 1's.
And let me tell you those are NOT cheap.

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze

Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.