rescue orgs are great because they hook up people who understand a
breed with dogs needing homes.  I got this dog for a coworker
(stupidly, wont do that again!) who wanted a scottie more than
anything she said, i saw an akc registered scottie needing a home on
the vet bulletin board and raced right over and got him.  the owner
was going blind and moving into a nursing home and the dog wasnt
allowed.  with tears in his eyes the man asked me to promise i would
find him a good home and not take him to the pound.  he said he was
housebroken and had no skin or health problems.  My coworker took him
for one day and said i would have to take him back, he peed all over
her house she said.  I took him back and started looking for a home.
during that time i realized he wasnt housebroken at all, had terrible
skin problems, and hated children.  He also bit me so bad i have some
minor nerve damage but i really think that was cause i got in the way
in a scuffle between him and the other dogs.

but thru the scottie rescue i found him a home where the people
understand all his problems and have experience dealing with it. they
were first gonna fly him to ohio for rehabbing in a foster home to
housetrain him, get his skin stable etc but they found an already
approved forever home close to me who said they already had their
other two scotties on the right food for skin probs and they are
retired and have time to stay at home and look after his needs.

I am so relieved.  I could not have another dog in my small house and
I have so much time and expense with horses i just couldnt take on
another time consuming, expensive to maintain animal...  i feel sad he
is gone, but know he is in a better place.  I am so grateful for these
rescue orgs.  apparently you have to be careful tho and make sure it
is an org affiliated with the SPCA etc cause they said puppy mill
people pose as adopters if the animal is not neutered.
janice
yipie tie yie yo