On Dec 21, 2007 9:57 PM, Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> watching her .... apparently)...and she did a huge poo right at the
> end of our bed....and then Kevin promptly stepped in it.
>
> She hasn't endeared herself to him yet, though they are glancing at
> each other...
>
> Wanda
> Off to snug with her and watch some more TV

All of our yorkies have been hard to housebreak.  Arnie's 8 mos old
and he still has 'accidents'.  They tend to have a lot of reasons for
not doing their business outside-too cold, it's raining and I don't
want to get wet, I forgot to go while I was outside, I was too busy
smelling everything and running as fast as I can, I'd rather just go
here in the bathroom where you go.  I even got the newest puppy
training book put out by one of the vet schools to brush up on my
training technique.  I took him to work with me for the first few
months so that I could work on housebreaking him and socializing him.
He did quite well but still has accidents.  Remember a puppy usually
can only hold it for the number of hours of his age in months plus
one- 4 month old can hold for 5 hours.  Crate training helps but I had
a hard time keeping him locked in there when he wants to be with the
other dogs and us.  At least with small dogs you only have small
messes and they are so darned cute.

--
Anna
Southern Ohio