On Dec 23, 2007, at 7:23 PM, Nancy Sturm wrote:

A friend who has ridden a gazillion miles told us once that if two
horses
are out riding along side by side, one will have his horses pricked
forward
and the other will have his pricked backward.

We have notice that usual the lead horse on the trail has it's ears
pointed forward and the last horse has ears turned back.  If the
horses switch places their ear position changes.   I agree, I think
it is so one is keeping track of what is in front and the other is
looking out for what may be coming up from behind.

Kat