> I guess I'd like to ask Nancy what she sees in these videos.

Well - there's a question I have been  pondering myself.  And my answer
really doesn't have much to do with the photos.  Tosca seems to have about
the range of gaits that Hunter has, which  works really well for what I do.

We purchased two mares.  Tosca, who tends to be a bit lazy, was purchased
for Stephanie to use as a therapy horse.  She would mainly be led at the
walk with a shifting load on her back.  Tosca took one look at Stepanie and
recognized her job - on the ground.

Yrsa was an impulse purchase.  I took one look at her sweet little face,
wanted Tosca to travel with a friend, just wanted her to bring her home.
She seems more energetic, gaits at liberty and melts my heart.  I don't care
what she is good (or not good at).

What concerns me is that Tosca can be a little grumpy - bucked when we put
Stephanie up on her.  She uses her ears very expressively.  She really sat
down on the cross ties when a cat jumped out in front of her and then threw
herself sideways into a bucket which rolled over and clattered around.  Her
reaction was not at all out of line, but it is out of line for Stephanie..

So ... what I'm thinking is that we might switch or at least let both mares
try out the therapy horse role. Tosca is 13.3 and very sturdy.  She could
easily carry me.  The laziness might go away with fitness or a saddle that
fits her better.  Yrsa is smaller, sweeter, calmer, but doesn't have a bond
with Stephanie.

I'm open to suggestions.  What I was hoping for was a quiet lead line horse
for a disabled rider and a nice trail horse for a crazed endurance rider.
That's a joke, but I know it's the perception some have of endurance.  I was
actually  thinking slow limited distance, that's 25 miles over a six hour
period.  I also like a horse that is well enough trained to do some arena
work when the trails are too wet to use.

Nancy