> Skye, can you ride with your fingers under the front of the saddle,
> where it
> comes in contact with his skin (sort of near or below the button,
> in this case), and under the saddle in the back?

Yes I can or Sally will make me get off.....we have tried so many
saddles on this guy, and all the other ones pinched in front, except
this one.  I have gotton a lot of practice getting on and off which
is not my strong suit, I am a much better rider than mounter or
dismounter!

He is big everywhere so we need a wide tree that would work for him.
I have though about a gaited western saddle for him, but I need to
lose more weight before I could buy one short enough that wopuld work
for his back and my butt.

But I thought I might do parades with a western saddle with him, or
use him to push cattle on the ranch....

When we give lessons we do an exercise where the kids have to ride
the horse in the front and in the back, if it hurts them we ask them
what do you think the horse feels?

Our lessons are not just about riding but about general horemanship,
and tack is a big part of it.

Skye

   Fire Island Eco-Treks-808-443-6085
   Fire Island Professional Farrier Service-640-6080