my horses have an aversion to deep sand because it doubles or
quadruples the work involved in going.  On the trail they will seek
out the harder footing.  One place we ride had a stretch of deep sand
and mine always want to move to the grassy part on the edge or in the
middle.  When I am gaiting fast or cantering and we hit deep sand I
fall back into a walk.  My horses have an aversion to deep mud.  I
imagine its the same with ice, they have an aversion to dangerous
surface?  only weird thing is if riding along the edge of a highway,
my jaspar will seek the asphalt.  I think he likes to hear his own
feet?
Janice
--
yipie tie yie yo