happened recently to a rider  using the EZ Ride stirrups w/out the cage
and wearing Ariat Terrain boots- she came off and her foot slipped
through the stirrup and she was dragged a ways and yes, this is a first
hand account - not an I heard someone tell about... :-))-

Ouch, Laree, was it you, or someone you were riding with?   I hope no
one was badly hurt!

BTW, the old rodeo guys will tell you that if you ever fall and your
foot is stuck in the stirrup, that you should roll to to your belly and
your foot will come loose.  Now, if that ever happens to me, will I keep
my wits about me and actually remember that...?  I don't bank on it, so
I ride with cages on my stirrups...