>> So, please, don't say that we don't have a
>> history with gaited horses - ours is a longer contiguous history than
>> Europe's!
>
> Not longer than Iceland's of course - early 10th century....
> ; )

But the first Feldman video was about a part Peruvian (ridden quite
improperly by the Peruvian tradition, so that the gait was destroyed --
why bother making the cross?), and part of the Cavallo article (as
presented here) had to do with an appalling misuse  of a Peruvian bit.
I have been raising Peruvians and riding and showing Peruvians since
1980 (probably before the first ones were imported to Europe).  I still
am amazed that the bit issue was resolved citing the no use of foreign
equipment rule, rather than citing the rider for not using the foreign
equipment properly.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/
http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/JoyOfRiding/index.htm