The association that my kids have competed in for years had the rule that
anything under 14 hands couldn't be used by an adult. I put in for a change in
rules and they refused saying that they couldn't imagine some of the oversized
adults sitting on these little ponies and hurting them, not in reference to
mine, but to all the other little boned things that others would try to compete
on. So I guess they won't be getting my participation this year. My kids have
almost outgrown competing in speed events unless I drag them out of bed to go
to a show, don't see any point in that, so I am retired to a trail rider only
for fun. I was really looking forward to competitive trail courses at the show
and maybe a little western pleasure competition so I would have to work on gait
maintainance in competition. I was really disappointed. My icelandics are 13.0
and 13.2 and just under 14 hands. Doesn't it just figure.