On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:21:47 -0500, you wrote:

>Whatever rules you use - DNA or Show definitions - it doesn't change
>anything.  Icelandic's are ponies, any way you cut it.

For me (and this is just a personal thing) there's more to deciding
whether any equine is a horse or a pony than simply height. It's to do
with conformation and attitude as well. To me, most of the British
native pony breeds ARE ponies.... but Welsh Sections As and Bs are
more horse-like. Miniature horses are, indeed, horses. Falabellas,
too. Shetlands (at least our UK ones!) are ponies.

Some Friesians,Tinkers and Dales are ponies to me, though they are
often over 14.2hh...

What makes them ponies???? Lots of hair. Relatively shorter necks and
legs, and larger heads. How well they do on little food and in bad
weather. "Pony attitude", the good and the bad side.

Looking at it that way, I've never yet met an Icelandic "Horse".
Though I've seen a fair few that are over 14.2hh...

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"