On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:58:32 -0500, you wrote:

>skeptical...why would anyone WANT a 15+ H Icelandic?

I really would not! (and I'm tall and large myself).

I once rode a really big one in Iceland, genuinely above 15hh, and I
really didn't like him. He felt sooooooo cumbersome, not fast and
nippy like the ones I'm used to. Skessa, who I had on loan before
xmas, is 14hh and a bit, and that's plenty big enough.

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"