>>> All this talk about how tall is the pony, I very carefully measured my
>>> Willie/Segull and he is right on the mark of 13 hh. Next I will measure
>>> his  chest or barrel, and his leg below the knee.  I figured out
>>> standing him on pavement and getting on he was taller than I thought.
>>> Sylvia

That's the other side of the height thing that has surprised me: how few
Icelandic's are actually UNDER 13.0H.   I initially assumed that Sina was
about 12.2-12.3H - she's a stocky girl, but NOT tall.  She too measures
right on 13.0H.   You'd certainly get the impression that Tivar is several
inches taller than Sina...but he only measured 13.1H, just an inch taller
than her.  Despite the fact that there APPEARS to be a wide range of sizes
in this breed, I think the vast majority are between 13.0H and 13.3H - a few
under and a few over - and that's just fine with me.