On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:23:44 -0600, you wrote:

>I think things are changing Robyn.  very very slowly, but one by one,
>things are changing.  Do you feel that way?  Or do you feel it is
>hopeless. I do sometimes.

I know I'm not Robyn, but I think it's becoming more and more
polarized between those of us who are "thinking riders" and those who
want to win competitions at any price.

I'm not sure how much effect - if any - we have had, or will ever have
- on the dedicated competition people where it seems things just keep
getting harder and harder for the horses. : (

While many of us on the list like to take credit for some of the
positive changes (such as they are) I personally don't think any of
the movers and shakers in Icelandics in Europe are the slightest bit
bothered one way or the other by what you lot over there, and us on
our little island, say on the internet about Icelandics.

I really think the answer, if there is one, lies in more "mainstream"
condemnation from the equine world as a whole, particularly in Europe
- like the article in Cavallo which caused a nice little storm in the
Icelandic world over here.

Judy, when that article is complete, I think it would be well worth
while sending it to a few of the ordinary horse magazines rather than
just preaching to the converted (though I still want it for STP
please! ; ))

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"