>>>> While many of us on the list like to take credit for some of the positive changes (such as they are) I personally don't think any of the movers and shakers in Icelandics in Europe are the slightest bit bothered one way or the other by what you lot over there, and us on our little island, say on the internet about Icelandics.
There are 10,000,000 horses in the USA, so I assume there are a few million horse owners here. I think talking about "the movers and shakers" in Iceland (a country of only 250,000 humans) is a little funny. I usually clarify the area I live in by adding "NC" to Charlotte. Charlotte (city proper only, not counting the surrounding suburbs) has a population of about 650,000 last I heard. Charlotte (where we have to add the "NC" to make sure people know where we are) is over 2x, almost 3x the population of all of Iceland. I don't hear much talk about the "movers and shakers" in Charlotte very often, in any category! I heard recently that there are now 320 members in the USIHC. That would be in TOTAL - in a country with 10,000,000 horses.. I don't believe another country on the face of the earth has nearly as many horses as does the USA. We have tons of equestrian opportunities here - polo, reining, driving, hunters, endurance, western pleasure CTR, jumpers, eventing, dressage, trail trials, racing, steeplechasing.... We have oodles of qualified trainers just in my local area - western type, NH, dressage, eventers, cutting, you name it. I don't buy the argument that "we" on the list are a small entity in the Icelandic world. Sure, maybe in one way we are a small group - we're certainly a microscopic group in the scope of all US horse owners. But I tend instead to think about the HUGE numbers of people who are walking past this lovely breed. I think the lack of Icelandic ownership...and the lack of membership in the organization is very telling. Karen Thomas, NC No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.17/1252 - Release Date: 1/30/2008 8:51 PM IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos: http://kickapps.com/icehorses "The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate, contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer [] Lee Ziegler http://leeziegler.com [] Liz Graves http://lizgraves.com [] Lee's Book Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo [] IceHorses Map http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IceHorses/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
