>>> isnt it funny, Landi was so scrawney and spindley and Isak just born
>>> gorgeous, now Isak is a cute fluffy teddy bear and Landi a drop dead
>>> gorgeous hunk.  I wonder if something is up with maybe Landi at this
>>> point has more hormones already?  Or are they both gelded?  But Isak is
>>> so TEDDY BEAR and Landi is looking more GROWN UP.Janice

Both are gelded.  No, if anything it's the exact opposite.  Isak was fully
dropped by the time he was a couple of weeks old.  Landi's testicles were
very small and they never dropped.  They were gelded the same day.  Isak was
12 months and Landi was 11 months.  Isak was a determined little ladies' man
by the time he was two months old, trying to breed anything that walked on
four legs.   Landi never had a clue what Isak was doing with the girls -
he'd just watch and look puzzled.  I can't remember Mucho Macho Man Isak
ever doing the "baby mouth" to an older horse, whereas Landi will still do
it if in doubt.  Isak is really easy to handle now, as easy as Landi - but
I'm not sure I would have wanted to leave him as a stallion!

I think it's just plain genetics, a bit of the old roll of the dice.  Isak
is going to be built his mom, Flekka - very compact and square - not a huge
tank, but pretty stocky.   Landi is going to be built like Daddy Melnir, but
with more "substance" like Sina I think.

These two are one more example that make me believe that testosterone
prevents colts from getting as tall...  Landi had very little, while Isak
seemed to be swimming in it!  Landi is already taller than either of his
parents.