i found with amazons, they talk before they are weaned!  they would be
saying gooood boy! when i would spoon them their formula, wouldnt even
have feathers yet.  Then I got my grey.  not a word.  The amazons
would be saying a half word, two words, stringing together sentences
or songs one word at at time, in my high pitched girly voice, always.
Would pick up a word or two from the tv.  the grey, nothing.  I began
to think he was one of the greys who wouldnt talk.  and like karen
said, after about a year he suddenly very quietly, in my husbands
voice, or in exactly the pitch, range tone etc of some device, mimic
it so precisely it wasnt a parrot mimicing, it WAS the thing, exactly.
 I think the first thing he did was my dog would bark to come inside.
I wouldnt even remember putting her out.  I would get up, go to the
door, no dog.  The grey even added "distance" in the sound, not just
the exact barking, but the distance of when a dog is outside and not
in.  You should hear him do the aria from my cell phone.  its EXACTLY
perfect, same pitch.
Janice
--
courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway--John Wayne