On Feb 4, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Janice McDonald wrote:

>> Yes, I realize that this test was for culicoides. But since, for
>> instance, Valurs low value (27) is not at all in sync with his fairly
>> severe symptoms, I am saying that they are caused by something other
>> than no-see-ums. And I wonder what it is.
>>
>> Anneliese
>
> oh I see...  from what I understand they are going on to test for
> other things and see how it reacts.  I bet he is allergic to something
> else, I wonder what!  maybe something in his feed....  maybe mold in
> hay...
> Janice--

I do too, it cannot be anything in his feed unless he is allergic to
pasture. They get grain only as a treat. My horses rarely need hay
because they are on pasture even in the winter. We only feed hay when
there is snow on the ground. Could he be allergic to flies? We have
very few mosquitoes because we have a substantial bat population and
they keep the mosquitoes at bay.
A big question! There is so much research that needs to be done.

Anneliese