are you new at riding icelandics like me Nancy??  I keep expecting the
trotting breed gaits to be the same and they arent!  Tivar's canter is
almost scarey, it feels like a powerful thundering gallop on a walking
horse, definitely not a "rocking chair" canter.  But I see nasi in the
pasture and he has a sorta rocking chair canter.  I would hate to be
on tivar in a full blown gallop, which i rarely see him do, but he can
do it :)  He has a little prissy trot in the field and then a big
floaty trot.  I have no idea which one is the one I like to ride best.
 But I think it is the prissy one :)  Yesterday he cracked me up.  We
came in very late from a long LONG ride, too long, but we stopped a
lot and rested...he was very tired and probably sore.  I know I was!
and my husband was working on the tractor and got between Tivar and
the hay roll and tivar just stood there, daring my husband to run him
over I guess haha.  My husband got down to move something, walked over
to tivar and whispered in his ear (he told me later he said "will you
MOVE teev?") and turned to get back on the tractor and tivar suddenly
whirled and took off bucking and kicking.  It was hilarious.
Janice

--
courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway--John Wayne