> It seems to be pretty rare for Icelandics to manage a nice slow
> collected canter. Ability, or training? The latter, I think, though
> some 5gaited horses find it really hard.
>
> Mic

do you happen to know, being as you have a lot of experience riding
DIFFERENT icies...  if they do a nice easy rocking chair canter in the
field, will they usually under saddle?  Cause nasi has an almost lazy
relaxed easy going canter sometimes.  Then he also has the scooter
powerhouse take off canter Tivar has also.  I bet there is something
in their conformation that causes them to have this power canter...
my walking horses don't, none of them.  Some have more easy going
canters than others but there is a huge difference in the speed and
power of a canter and a gallop with them, whereas with Tivar it seems
a fine line, even in the field.  I have not seen him do an easy going
canter in the field either btw.

Janice--
courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway--John Wayne