On Feb 11, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Janice McDonald wrote:

> I have predator probs too Annaleise!  what I am finding is if I get
> these smaller bantam types they can fly almost as well as a dove and
> when something gets after them they just go to the treetops.  Also, I
> have some buff orpingtons, i dont know what there is about them, they
> are light colored so you would think easy to see and grab in the dark
> by predators---  but they have a great sense of how to hide or
> something!

Years ago I got a bunch of bantams and they would actually roost in
trees or in the rafters of the barn. They all disappeared anyway.
Perhaps it had something to do with us not being here all the time. I
am certainly determined to try again. I also found that the raccoons
tend to steal the eggs. So I put pin-pong balls into the egg boxes and
found them bitten to pieces.
Anneliese