--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Sure, the climbs and drops don't go on for
thousands of feet, but  she's got some steep spots,
believe me<<

That's the kind of trails we have in our mountains and
one of the reasons I don't ride in the mountains.  I
went on one group trail ride that was straight up for
2 hours, had lunch, and straight down for 2 hours.
Not a level spot in the entire trail.  I just don't
consider that fun!  So while you might have steep
spots, we have steep territories!  One of the main
reasons I love my desert.  Drop off trails are common
here, and I am afraid of heights.  It is very common
for people to ride many, many miles up to a microwave
tower and back down which consists of steep up and
back ALL on drop off trails!!  Not my cup of tea, to
be sure.  I leave teeth marks in the passenger seat of
our Jeep when we DRIVE a trail like that, let alone
take a horse up one.  Are you kidding, take an animal
with a mind of it's own who is afraid of a strange
shaped rock!  You've got to be out of your mind.
Anyway, my fears aside, there is still no comparison
between East Coast Steep and West Coast steep and I
wasn't talking about altitude!  Some people love rides
straight up and straight down, but not me, I was
raised in flat land!!  So I'll stick to my desert with
the easy mountains thrown in (those are the ones with
the canyons to ride in that you don't have to go UP,
UP, UP on!!!)

Susan in NV
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
  Riding for Breast Cancer Awareness