On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:28:23 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Also, what about adding a new competition category such as a "natural form"

I think even that is already happening in places - it certainly does
here. We have bitless classes (not so much barefoot as all too often
British weather doesn't suit barefoot all that much) which are well
supported, and at 75% of our competitions horses are allowed to be
barefoot, in boots, shoes only on front feet or whatever.

It's getting it accepted internationally which is more difficult.

To bring it within FEIF we would need to make a proposal to the FEIF
Sport Group to introduce a "Natural" Class into the FIPO. When I say
"we" would need to propose it, I mean the Sport leader/board of a FEIF
member country, for it to carry any weight. If the Sport Group agreed,
it would then be proposed at the FEIF Delegates Assembly, and,
hopefully, accepted into FIPO.

I suspect it might actually be possible to get it passed.

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"