> Who are the riders?  Are they trainers?  certified trainers?  Holar
> graduates?  members of the Icelandic Trainers Association?
>
> If this is the style they are riding, is this what they are
> teaching?<<<
>
> It seems that the majority of professional / certified / holar
> graduate / FT
> member trainers and riders ride the trot the same way:
>
> http://goldminephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3008612_jte7o/1/
> 163317913_tqfg8/Large
>
> http://goldminephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3008612_jte7o/1/
> 163647169_4XG5a/Large
>
> http://goldminephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/
> 3277976_LLt5R#181775920_PjSFy
>
> This is the trot that is being shown in evaluations....

The curious thing is that it is not confined to Icelandic riders.  I
don't know that I've ever seen a horse (mainly arabs) doing a pure trot
under saddle in any of the endurance/CTR magazines -- all are a little
"funky". (although I'm sure that it would take a very sensitive ear to
hear the slight irregularity in the  two beat)

Even the arabian association isn't too fussy

http://www.arabianhorses.org/home/Gallery/Index.asp?i=1049

http://www.arabianhorses.org/home/Gallery/Index.asp?i=1050

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/