> the version of this that i've gotten from my instructors has been a
> little different -- tuck your tailbone under you, sit up VERY TALL and
> open your chest.  to ask for trot, rotate your pelvis forward, loosen
> (or drop entirely) the reins and let your hands rest on the withers or
> neck, or even come entirely into half-seat.

I think that's a good description, Vicka.   It helps you make it clear
what you want but you aren't going to extremes to get what you want.
Doppa responds to this "method" very well yet is relaxed.
--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley