I am sorta judgemental
> about people who breed two different breeds and then egotistically
> proclaim they have started something new and wonderful, tho,

I agree with you completely.  We bought Tosca in spite of her mixed breeding
not because of it.

I had heard several years before we went to Red Hill that Niels West was
developing  a new strain of Peruvian/Icelandic crosses.  He was in his late
80's at that time.  I had a couple of thoughts.  One was that it was pretty
optimistic and forward-thinking for a man of his age to think he would have
time to develop a new breed of horses.  The other thought was:  Why?

Nancy