>>> I was referring to the palomino.  I can't find the video link now.  I
>>> must have pressed delete.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Ova7HY-Uuw

He does have long toes, and pads I think - and he's not quite four.  Poor
baby.    The poor Peruvian in the Feldman video had long toes and weighted
boots too.  did you see the comments about him?  This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXbSiZRm0U&feature=related One comment was:
"it isn't a monster and if you don't know anything about gaiting horses then
be quiet... we all put those bell boots onto the feet because a) sometimes
they walk their shoes off without them b) some need them to gait nicely and
in a good rythm.  that is just for training and just look at all of those
icelandic horses they've all got those boots on to so they lift their legs
higher for better results!  excuse my english, I'm german "

Interesting that the commenter didn't make any denials about the boots being
only "for protection".  And, really sad that she points out Icelandic's as
the prime example of using boots for action.