--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy  Sturm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The most wired horses I know are National Showhorses (Arab/Saddlebred
blend)
> and they were all raised by the same rather loud man, which I blame
for
> their higly nervous edgy temperment.  >
> Nancy

Several years ago, I participated in a winery ride around Yakima, WA.
The event was sponsored by the local Icelandic club.  Two ladies
brought their National Showhorses to the event.  These horses were
gorgeous and elegant.  Blessi and I rode next to one of them for most
of the ride.  The Showhorse piaffed the entire ride and everything
strange thing--artificial bird of prey calls, fake random gunshot
recordings used to scare birds from the winery, were cues for a lot of
dancing around.  However, both horses were under control and the two
riders seemed to enjoy their horses' liveliness and spirit.  I enjoyed
plodding along on Blessi who took everyting in his stride.
Pamela