--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Ryder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What type of saddle do you have?  Can you send pictures of it on
Blessi?

Hello Judy,
I will have someone at the stable take some pictures when the saddle
comes back from the saddle reflocker.  Thanks for the offer.  Blessi's
stiffness was very slight and it has gone away.  I stopped using the
uneven saddle until it gets reflocked.  We did some exercises for
flexibility on the stiff side. Luckily we noticed the problem when it
was very subtle before it developed into something serious.
Yesterday, Blessi and I spent some time with a saddle fitter who was
able to evaluate the one saddle (which I have stopped using and am
going to sell).  Druing the past few rides using this saddle, Blessi
had started some head tossing behavior which is very out of character
for him.
-  The saddle seemed to fit at the withers nicely without a rider but
definitely pinches a bit at the withers when I sat in the saddle.
-  Plus the saddle extends a bit beyond Blessi's last rib.  I was very
surprised when she traced the rib up to the spine how little space
there is for saddle.
- When she took her hand and ran it between Blessi's back and the
saddle, there was less room near the center of the saddle.  This would
make it difficult for Blessi to raise his back.
- The saddle had very pronounced thigh blocks.  As shorter, rounder
person on a short, round horse, my legs were forced out to the side
which makes posting and lateral work more difficult more challenging.
Note slightly taller riders really like this feature but it was too
much thigh block for my confirmation.
There were some positive points about the saddle such as the saddle
having a wide gullet. After exercise, the sweat patterns were even
indicating even overall pressue, etc.  Plus the seat was very
comfortable for me.
It was great having a really experienced person check this out.  On a
superficial examination, the saddle seemed to be ok--even a decent
fit.  However good  saddle fit seems to be a matter of degrees and
subtleties.