On Mar 24, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Karen Thomas wrote:

>>> I'm surprised you say a lot of people don't belong to the U.S.
>>> Icelandic
>>> Horse Congress.

I would guess that I'm typical of a lot of Icelandic owners.  I
joined for a
year, saw no benefit from my membership, and wasn't interested at all
in the
topics in the magazine, and I don't support the same things that the
organization supports.

Same here Karen  -- I joined last year when I registered Dancer, but
after learning more I did not renew.  I can't see lending my
financial support to a group that promotes a style of riding that,
IMHO,  is injurious to the horse.  Wish we had the choice of an
alternative group like FOSH is to the TWHBEA.

Kat