> But - people who keep their horses there say they have already tried> to get
 > something done about the state of the owner's horses, and> nothing has
 > happened. That those horses are not being fed anything> extra, and don't
 > even get much haylage - and what they are fed is not> good quality. >

Mic, if I were in your shoes, and this friend or friends of yours had these
kinds of conditions for their own horses, my first thought is they are not very
happy in their lives and they aren't energized in taking care of their horses,
seeing them thrive and look healthy, but the ones in their care that I would
assume they are being paid to care for, are looking well, then I would try to
get them to find new homes for the horses and decrease their burden, as that is
what it must be for them. The horses can't speak for themselves and if you are
able to speak to these people honestly, then helping them to realize they are
needing a break from their horses, even if it would be a free lease to other
places so they don't have any work involved in the care, since money isn't the
problem, a free lease might be the best way to maintain some control but none
of the care. They might need a vacation from their horse lifestyle for a
prolonged period to decide what direction they need to go to be happy. I see
people buy farmettes here fairly frequently and burn out in less than 2 years,
because the horse care becomes a ball and chain and they really can't enjoy
their horses when they are the sole providers of care. Jeannette