> On 3/30/08, Wanda Lauscher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On 30/03/2008, Renee Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyway, I think we need to come up with a different term other than
> > > "traditional riding" when talking about what is currently done.
> >

> > I agree.

Since this type of riding seems to stem from the show/evaluation
world, I would like to see that incorporated into the term.  Maybe
something like 'show style riding/training'.  Or maybe we can think of
something that would be descriptive or specific like TW people using
the term 'Big Lick' .  I hate using the term 'Icelandic' in the
terminology.  I'm sure that there are many native Icelandic people
that we are unfairly labeling and alienating.  People that are using
gentle training methods and are open to learning about saddle fit etc.

--
Anna
Southern Ohio