isnt it interesting how we will subconciously, without knowing, just
start subtley avoiding what our horse needs most!  I have to
constantly remind myself of that!  I found myself avoiding situations
where Teev would have to stand quietly before riding out.  It was
mainly on large group rides, but then I noticed with my friend Sylvia
he started in, almost like he wanted to show off for her mare.  And I
let him go and then made him circle back and he did some head tossing
and tail wringing brattiness so I made him back up, then do some
sidepassing while she got back in the saddle, she had gotten down to
get something before we rode out.  I asked her to hang with me a
minute because I wanted to not let him ride out til he was soft and
calm and she did.  The next time he was an angel.  But i have to force
myself to work thru things!
Janice

--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.