i dont think I have ever seen or heard of fescue here.  In south GA
they have a hay called "World Feeder" have you heard of that?
Supposed to be perfect nutrition...

we dont have alicia either.  we have tifton 85, tifton 9 (horses hate
it), coastal, and perennial peanut, some times clover but it can be
sandy.  Anything else is shipped in and scares me, like alfalfa, so
expensive and caused the blister beetle kill.  i think any time you
bring in hay from far off you bring in non-native non-indigenous bugs,
which is all I need, some new bugs.
Janice--
even good horses have bad days sometimes.