On 02/04/2008, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't know what you mean...?  What is roadside grass and why is it more
> prone to dead critters?  Do you Canadians literally bale your highway right
> of way grass?  I've never seen that done in the USA...

When they build highways or do upgrades they always seed the ditches
with grass and alfalfa.  You can make an application to the RM to be
allowed to cut a certain portion of the ditch.  AND yes, road kill can
often end up in a bale if you aren't careful.   I've seen some people
walk the ditch first  and pic up any litter, etc...before they cut,
but some don't...

Wanda