>> Keeneland Race Track installed Polytrack...transition to this synthetic
>> surface. The reason
for the change was revealed during the session on "The Safety of Horses: A
Long-Term View."
"We felt the safety of the horse and rider was not coming first and that was
unacceptable, You need to listen to the horse and do what´s best for him.
It´s a tenet that is not  used enough in this business."

>In his opinion, the key to equine safety is good horsemanship.

More on the Summit:

http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=11771

If the race track industry sees benefit in switching to synthetic surfaces
which are less concussive on the horse's legs for long-term soundness, how
does running on ice fit in?

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com