I saw Linda Parelli's deadbroke horse balk at a jump because an arena sign
started flashing bright red giant eyeballs just as it started to go over.

One of the worst horse showing experience I ever had was at a night time
show at the Josephiine County Fair.  I didn't take into account how very
different the fairgrounds would be at night and  didn't know that there
would be a carnival set up right outside the covered arena.  My first clue
that it was not going to go well should have been when  Bruce had to lead my
horse into the arena.  There were wide open doorways at intervals around the
indoor arena and every time we passed one, there was a blast of light and
carnival noise.  Poor Doc did a giant leap forward at each door.  It was
quite an experience.  I should have just asked to be excused.

Nancy