> In what way do you disagree with the FIZO goals for conformation? Or
> do you? I personally think the goals are OK but all too often the
> judges "don't see" bad faults on horses with great speed and action -
> and often they also don't see fairly obvious conformation faults.

I haven't studied the conformation goals; I would guess that they would be
OK... but, like you say, not being recognized.

Why are they not recognizing the conformation problems when the horse stands
in front of them?  (in other words, it shouldn't be expected to recognize
all the conformation faults when the horse is speeding down the track; altho
we are in the 21st century where we have the available technology to do
"replay" to see the winging, cross-tracking, not to mention the yank, yank,
yanking)

It's like someone saying something, but doing the opposite.  Point being that
they don't know that they aren't walking the talk.  That is a BIG problem!

There is a connection missing between conformation and movement; a lack of
understanding of biomechanics and physiology.

It shows.  It shows to those outside the breed, but there is the inability to
recognize it within the breed.... in my opinion.

> wasn't as good or something like that - and the judge told me she
> didn't have enough fetlock hair. Now, that's ridiculous

Absolutely.  That's probably a good representation of the breeding
evaluation process as it stands now.

Judy
http://iceryder.net
http://clickryder.com