>>> Or anyone else.  I have this sheet printed from www.worldfengur that
>>> appears to be a
>>> numerical listing of scores applied to Toasa and Yrsa's sire.  Most of it
>>> makes sense,
>>> although since he has 102 for walk, I guess 100 is not a  perfect score.

You might want to stop reading while you still think it makes sense!

Evaluation numbers range from 5.0-10.0.  Numbers that are in the 100-ish range
are BLUP
scores, and from a mathematical/computer modeling point of view (and yes, I
have career
expertise in the area of computer modeling) I can tell you that BLUP, as used
in the
Icelandic Horse system,  basically means "blooper."  :) There's an old saying
in the
computer world - GIGO, which means Garbage In, Garbage Out.  If yout input data
is flawed,
then your calculated results will be flawed.   There are so many flaws in the
inputs used
to calculate BLUP, that it's downright embarrassing.  I think Judy has a page
on her
website, quoting some posts I made on the subject years ago, and I seem to
remember that
our Penny Hodge also had input on the subject - Penny is a DVM, and I think she
has a MS
in Animal Science.  I can trash the whole idea from a mathematical
modeling/statistics
viewpoint, and Penny (I'm pretty sure it was Penny?  It was several years ago,
so maybe it
was someone else...) saw the flaws from the Animal Science perspective.  In
short, BLUP
doesn't hold up to scrutiny from any angle.

I think Janice basically summarized part of the flaws in BLUP the other day.
How was it
she phrased it?  It would be like predicting that one of our daughters would
look like
Madonna if we just died our hair blonde, had a nose job, liposuction and other
plastic
surgery...

You simply cannot predict the genetic future based on human-influenced
characteristics,
especially if the characteristics being judged aren't 100% objective and
quantifiable.

It was when I saw what BLUP was, and how laughable it is, that I REALLY lost
all faith in
the Icelandic evaluation system.  It's junk science.