Hi Debbie,
   Thanks for the reply -- I'm catching up on some older e-mails.  : )

> > No, I think you will be fine, you may want to have some narrow areas,
> > like waves along the way just remember to alwsys have the corners
> > wider<

Good point.

 I have 4 horses, however, my land is smaller, the area that you
> > have seen with the track on it is about 2.5 acres and is subdivided
> > into separate tracks...

Oh my gosh -- it looks soo much bigger!    You are really utilizing your space
well and to the fullest advantage I think.

 >the smallest area, the north track is only 75 feet x 110,<

Wow. . . that's smaller than my present dry lot (80' x 250').   Once the track
is in place, I'm going to shrink the dry lot or paddock up by the barn, putting
my round pen up in part of it and making a small "play" arena in half of it.

>I keep the grass growing on my tracks, it helps keep the horses moving,
however, I don't have an IR horse currently, I have one who has not been
tested,
he is my, could be IR horse,<

I am hoping that eventually, I will be able to take muzzles off with this
system
-- at least part of the time.   Did you read about the case study in the
Paddock
Paradise book of the endurance horse that foundered?   But after his owner
implemented a track system, he's been sound for two years (I think it was).
That's encouraging to me.

a MFT, I keep him on Mag Ox,

Equiessence (spelling) is the magnesium product I've tried.   I need to feed it
again I think.   It certainly can't hurt.

> . . .  when will your dry season come?<

Every year is different!   We're on sandy, well-drained soil however, so if we
do get a dry spell, my pasture DOES go dormant.

> > I guess it depends on if you are using the track as a food source as
> > we are,

That's my plan.   Two of mine don't have any metabolic concerns to worry about.

> > the other thing you could do, is start with a smaller track, maybe 1/3
> > of the area you will end up with, and then extend it as they eat/wear
> > the grass down....

The fence we will be putting up is going to be permanent.   And the shape of
our
lot (low and rather narrow), plus the way we have things configured won't make
putting a lot of tracks in very practical. . . . I wish we would have known
about this system way back when we were putting up fencing and building our
barns.

 > Your comment about the cow, is interesting, maybe you could borrow a
> couple cows to eat down the track....

Actually, I am seriously considering getting a family milk cow. . . Have to do
some more thinking on that. . . or go lay down until the feeling passes.  : )

> > I have said a lot, but I don't think I told you what to do, so I don't
> > know if I was much help..

Yes you are/were!   This kind of "brainstorming" is good to hear.     I'll keep
you posted as our track progresses.    I am hoping we can work on it this week
-- if the darned rain ever stops here. . . My pasture is a jungle.

-- Renee M. in Michigan