>>> Thanks, Laree!  Was Tivar domestic born?  If so, I think he's the first
>>> domestic I know that has a cullicoides allergy.

Tivar was born in northern California, near the coast, and that's where he
lived until two years ago.  He developed SE after he went to Florida.  Even
though SE isn't particularly common in the USA in non-Icelandic's, it's more
common in parts of FL (among all breeds) than in most parts of the USA.
He's been back in NC for about three weeks, and his symptoms have settled
out immensely - in fact, he doesn't seem to be particularly itchy, no more
than any other horse here.  I've heard rumors of one or two other domestic
Icelandic's with SE, but nothing approaching the rate that it occurs in
imported Icelandic's.  I've always heard that domestic-born Icelandic's get
SE at about the same rate as other domestic-born breeds, and I still suspect
that's true.