On Jun 30, 2008, at 3:33 AM, Mic Rushen wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:29:42 -0500, you wrote:

and some cant be avoided, like here, a big west nile location.

Absolutely. Same for tetanus, it's essential. But flu vaccinations
every SIX MONTHS as required for all FEIF competitions??? The mind
boggles!

Mic

I've never heard of flu vaccine being required for a competition, but on the other hand, any of my horses that go to competitions or group camping have always gotten a flu booster every six months. It is my understanding is that that vaccine doesn't hold its effectivity for the whole year. (Just had the vet out to give 6-way and rabies to the whole gang: no discernable reactions from anyone.)

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
ranch:  http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/napha/HighPoint/