--- On Sun, 6/29/08, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I put "kinder" in quotes because I'm not
> convinced that moving from a mild snaffle to a
> bitless rig - particularly the cross-over type
> "bitless bridles" - is necessarily kinder.

I agree.  I tried Andi in one of these type of bitless bridle, and he had a fit
over it.  Now I ride him in an S Hackamore that he loves and is very happy in,
but that his old trainer considers a torture device!

Susan in NV     read my blog to see why I ride my horse in pink:
http://desertduty.blogspot.com/