> Linda Tellington Jones has a white riding whip that is very nice to
> ride with.
I started using that for getting Ofeig to back up so I could take
Corrie out of the paddock. I just do driving game, waving it in front
of her. I'm sure it's the electric fencing white that does it. We now
have carrot stick and white stick = good cop, bad cop.Even without it
she steps back and knows it's not all about her.
 I just started to use it to ride Corrie. A little tap behind the girth
(when she becomes a statue) reminds her that leg means go. Now it's
mere presence gets her listenning for the leg. I thought it would upset
her but she actually seams reassured that someone is leading. It has
made me look again into Linda TJ's books and make a 'flash card' of the
various ways of using the wand. I will have to get that lady from the
vet to show me some more touches etc. She was good.
I guess there is a difference between using a whip as an aid and as a
weapon of torture. Come to think of it 'wand' is the appropriate name
for the former. So I carry a wand. Maybe I should look for one of those
glittery ones.
Sue Coombes